Friday, April 22, 2016

Final Reflection

I definitely will remember the elevator pitches. I mostly remember being uncomfortable recording myself talking to a computer, without a script. However, it got a lot easier as the semester progressed and I became more comfortable. I'm definitely proud of myself for the elevator pitches and the venture concept/idea napkin as well. I will remember the fact that I created such a realistic business idea that could easily be implemented in real life and be successful. 

I wouldn't say I see myself as an entrepreneur but I definitely think like an entrepreneur would throughout my day-to-day life. Whether I am at a convenience store buying something, or waiting in a long line to get food, I am always thinking of ways businesses can be more efficient and modernized to better accommodate customers. I didn't really think this way before taking this course so it is interesting to see things from a different point of view. I have definitely moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset.

One recommendation I would make to future students is to plan out when you are going to complete each assignment at the beginning of every week. You will perform better in the course if you have a plan. Especially with the video assignments, it will be important to plan out the days you are going to interview people. In order to foster the entrepreneurship mindset I would recommend that students do not just go through the motions of the assignments and get them done quickly or last minute in order to get the points. This class really is helpful for the real world so it is important to take every assignment as a useful challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Amy,

    I think this class must have opened up our minds to entrepreneurship, regardless of our chosen career path. I too find myself thinking of ways to make something better, add to something or even start a new venture. I also see how in your post you must have struggled too with all the assignments, due in such rapid succession. Funny, I did have a plan but still had so much other coursework I fell behind and made a much lower grade of which I know I am capable.

    All the best to you in the future,

    Linda
    http://lindayahn.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection-week-15-readthrough.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Amy,

    This was a great post! It's really cool to see that this class impacted you in a way that you now think like an entrepreneur and you now also think of ways that other places can apply new and innovative ways that can make their company more effective and efficient. Overall, great job! You can check my post out here at http://bradksingh.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Amy,

    I think you did a wonderful job on this final reflection post! I certainly see a lot of similarities between your post and my own. Its interesting to see how our thought processes have changed in correspondence to the progression of this course. In addition to this, I couldn't agree more with the idea about planning out the course assignments. Great job!

    http://www.finityphotos.com/blog/2016/4/24/final-reflection

    ReplyDelete