Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Going For Google Gold

1) For each blog, to pursue SEO I posted each of my assignments not just to my blog, but also made them public on my google account. They are able to be seen by anyone. I also added the Week label. In my comments on other people's posts I always put a link to my blog/assignment in order to gain more SEO.
2) My main key word was definitely entrepreneurship, innovation, venture, business, and words related to my business idea such as app, customers, product, efficient, and experience. All of these are general and can be applied to a variety of different things so this definitely helped my blog gain traction.
3) I did not use social media to enhance my SEO efforts but I did publish all of my posts publicly to my Google account so that they can be seen by anybody, not just class members who look at my blog. This gave my blog posts a lot more views. Posting videos to my youtube account also gave more views to my posts because they were able to be searched with a few key words such as "pitch" "elevator" and "entrepreneurship"
4) My most viral posts were my elevator pitches and my venture concept. I think these obtained the most traffic because the pitches both contained public youtube videos. The venture concept was a big assignment with a lot of content which I think contained a lot of key words. I also think that it gained views because there were 4 peer reviewers assigned to comment on my post.
5) When I typed in my key word with "ENT3003" after it I was on the first page.

2 comments:

  1. I believe making your work public on your Google Blog is not only important in determining how successful you will be overall, but how successful will your attempts to reach out to your audience and diversify how your region as well. I made things public on my Instagram and I link my website this blog but I didn't publish it on my Google+.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Amy,

    Were you trying to achieve a good SEO or did you just do requirements for the class? I personally did not attempt to get good SEO and I believe all of our blogs were supposed to be public. Regardless, I think you have good insight on SEO and I agree with why your posts went viral. It was the same case with mine.

    If you would like, you can check out my post here: http://stthach.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html

    ReplyDelete