Sunday, April 3, 2016

Week 12 Reading Reflection

Strategic Entrepreneurial Growth

This was a very informative chapter and I learned a lot while reading. I never really realized the need for planning when it comes to starting a business. The chapter outlined the use of unsystematic as well as systematic planning. Planning is all dependent on the level of experience. With that said, strategic planning is still a very important piece to being a successful entrepreneur. The author did a great job of explaining how to properly plan and why it is necessary. I was most surprised by all of the flaws that often occur during strategic planning. Some of these include misunderstanding industry attractiveness, compromising strategy for growth. I most liked figure 13.2 the integration of entrepreneurial and strategic actions. I thought this helped further explain the information Kuratko was hoping to tell readers. Overall, I thought this chapter had very useful information about the different stages of entrepreneurial growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment